Sunday, October 3, 2010

The what tax?

So it seems California has started a dine in tax. "Would you like that for here or to go? For here? HA! TAX'em!" In my research I've found that California is not the first state to do this. Though had no issues in joining other states in this fad. When I read the notice posted in my local Subway I asked, "Why?" I was told that "it's not free to clean and run the A/C. To say nothing of the refills on soda." Huh? I don't even drink soda. And it's the employees who get the most use out of the A/C. Also, does this mean that I should no longer concern myself with putting my trash in the trash can? Perhaps I shouldn't bothered to flush when using the restrooms. After all, tax's are paying for some one else to flush the toilet.

So now I can't help but wonder if Chaffey is going to be forced to do a dine in tax when the new food court is built. If so, what about the students who bring lunch and heat it up using the microwave provided to the students? Are they going to be taxed just because they have a hot cup of noodles sitting on the table? How about the students who brought in a bottle of water and are just socializing with other students? All I really know is that this feels wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about this until just the other day when I saw a sign outside a chinese restaurant advertising separate prices for dining in and taking out. Anything to get a little extra money out of the taxpayer.

    It's really making that private island in the Caribbean sound better all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you like to go halvsies on that island? *Silly Face*

    ReplyDelete